Have you tried Philz Coffee mint mojito iced coffee? It’s definitely their most popular drink with the perfect combination of mint and coffee. A few months ago we spent some time in San Francisco and at the top of my places to visit was Philz Coffee Shop. Philz is so much more than just good coffee. Customers come from far and wide for their Philz fix, and for good reason.
Every drink is made to order, and when they hand you your coffee, your barista asks you how you like your first sip. And if you want to make it sweeter or creamier, change it in any way, they are on it.
While we were there, I had my first mint mojito coffee made the house way (sweet and creamy). It quickly became my personal favorite. I mean, who doesn’t love a mojito? Who doesn’t love iced coffee? Put them together and you’ve got a hit!!! It may sound a little interesting. but trust me, you’re going to love it. It’s the new peanut butter and chocolate. It just works!
The only thing that screams summer vibes more than iced coffee is Philz mint mojito iced coffee. It’s super refreshing and very easy to make at home. So, without further ado, I give you the Philz Mint Mojito Iced Coffee Recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here
This post is all about Philz coffee mint mojito recipe.
The Best Philz Coffee Mint Mojito Recipe
Tools Needed to Make Philz Mint Mojito Coffee Drink:
- Glass – I love to use a glass can or a mason jar
- French Press or Cold brew system to make the coffee (Or you can just use what you have at home. All of Philz coffees are drip or pour-over)
- Cocktail Shaker (optional) – you can also use a mason jar as a shaker if you don’t have one
- Milk Frother (optional)
Ingredients for Philz Coffee Mint Mojito Recipe:
- 5-7 sprigs of fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar (you can adjust this according to how sweet you like it)
- 8 ounces Coffee – your favorite brew or cold brew coffee
- Sweet Cream to top it off – you can use your cream of choice, heavy cream, whipping cream, milk, almond milk, oat milk, or any plant-based milk.
How to Make Philz Mint Mojito Coffee at Home
- Prepare coffee – Philz only sells pour-over or drip coffee. They do not offer espresso.
- Muddle mint and brown sugar in the bottom of a cocktail shaker or mason jar
- Add ice cubes, coffee, and cream
- Shake for 1 minute to mix and chill ingredients
- Taste and adjust sweetness and creaminess if necessary
- Garnish with mint sprig
Video of a similar recipe except he uses espresso and Philz doesn’t serve espresso drinks.
Tips for the Best Philz Mint Mojito Iced Coffee:
- Prepare your coffee ahead of time
- Get all of your ingredients together before you begin.
- Don’t skip the shaking. It is an important part of the process
Substitutions for the Best Philz Mint Mojito Recipe:
- Heavy whipping cream – you can substitute half and half, whole milk, fat-free milk, or any plant-based milk
- Brown sugar – you can substitute raw sugar, 1 tbsp of sugar, simple syrup
- Mint – if you do not have real mint leaves, a great alternative is mint oils, mint syrup, mint extract
Variations of Philz Mint Mojito Iced Coffee?
- Low-Fat Philz Mint Mojito Iced Coffee – substitute the heavy whipping cream with fat-free half and half
- Vegan Philz Mint Mojito Iced Coffee – replace heavy whipping cream with your favorite plant-based milk such as oat, almond, etc.
- Sugar-free version – you can either use less sugar than the recipe calls for or if you want to go completely sugar-free you can use stevia or monk fruit
- Decaf Philz Mint Mojito Iced Coffee – use your favorite decaf coffee instead of regular coffee.
- Blended Philz Mint Mojito Iced Coffee – instead of shaking your coffee you can pulse it in the blender for a deliciously refreshing drink perfect for the hot summer days.
What Can I Add to my Philz Mint Mojito Iced Coffee?
- Chocolate chips or shavings
- Various types of mint – peppermint, chocolate mint, lemon balm, Pineapple sage
- Coffee ice cubes
What should I order at Philz if I want an Espresso Drink:
Philz doesn’t offer espresso drinks but you can find something similar that you are sure to love.
- Latte – order a Tesora with your favorite milk – there is no additional cost for plant-based milk
- Americano – order a Jacobs Wonder Bar
- Flavored Coffee – Order a Philtered Soul
What is a Mint Mojito Iced Coffee?
A Mint Mojito Iced Coffee is one of the signature drinks only found at Philz Coffee Shops. It’s the perfect balance of coffee with just a hint of mint. They begin by muddling mint and sugar together, then add your favorite Philz coffee and top with lots of sweet cream.
What kind of coffee should I use in my Philz Mint Mojito Iced Coffee?
Philz uses their Ecstatic Coffee (I confirmed this with the barista) which is a darker roast with hints of chocolate, syrup, and caramel. But you can use any coffee of your choice.
What is in Philz Iced Mint Mojito?
Philz iced mint mojito is made with brown sugar, fresh mint, Philz Ecstatic dark roast coffee, and cream.
Does Philz Mint Mojito have milk?
No, Philz doesn’t use milk in their mint mojito. Instead, they use heavy whipping cream.
Does an iced mint mojito coffee have alcohol?
No, Philz does not add alcohol to their mint mojito coffee recipe.
What does Philz use to sweeten their coffee?
Philz typically uses brown sugar to sweeten their coffee but they also have honey, stevia, Splenda, and sweet and low.
How does Philz make their coffee so creamy?
The secret to Philz’s silky creamy coffee is heavy whipping cream.
Does Philz coffee have a lot of caffeine?
Yes. Philz brews their coffee at a much lower temperature than the typical home machine. Because of this, their coffee does contain a considerable amount of caffeine. If you are concerned about caffeine, you can always order a half-caf.
What is the “Philz Way?”
This is how Phil likes his coffee – Medium cream, medium sugar.
What is “The House Way?”
The “House Way” is sweet and creamy – more of a special treat.
What is special about Philz Coffee?
Philz coffee stands out among the rest since it tends to be higher in caffeine because it is brewed at a lower temperature than most hot coffee. It is also much creamier than the typical coffee because they use heavy whipping cream which adds to the silky texture.
Why is Philz coffee so strong?
Philz coffee is stronger than your typical coffee because they brew it at a much lower temperature. It takes a little longer for the coffee to brew but you are left with a highly caffeinated delicious drink.
Where can I buy Philz coffee?
Is Philz Coffee only in California?
No, Philz coffee is not only in California. They are also in Chicago and Washington DC.
What’s on Philz Featured Creations Menu?
- Gingersnap Iced Coffee – Spicy and sweet with fresh cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves
- Iced coffee Rosè – Sweet coffee topped with rose cream
- Mint Mojito Iced Coffee – made with fresh mint – order the “house way” – sweet and creamy – This is Philz’s first-ever specialty drink.
This Post was all About the Best Philz Coffee Mint Mojito Recipe
So, if you are lucky enough to live in the bay area or southern California then you can get your Philz fix whenever you want. But if you are like most of us and don’t have a Philz nearby, you can still get your Philz fix using this Copycat recipe for Philz Mint Mojito Iced Coffee.
It’s the perfect way to start your day – with a little bit of Philz.