If you’ve tried the new Starbucks Honey Almond Milk Cold Brew Recipe, no doubt you are a fan like everyone else who has tried it. This has quickly become one of their most popular drinks, and for good reason. It’s silky, rich, and a delicious coffee drink
One of the best things about this drink is that it is super simple to make at home. With just a few ingredients you probably already have in your refrigerator, you can make your very own Honey Almond Milk Cold Brew for a fraction of the cost. And let’s face it, who doesn’t like the idea of saving money?
I’ve been making this delicious concoction for a while now and I am happy to share it with you so you can make it too. It’s a great way to start your day.
This post is all about the best Copycat Starbucks Honey Almond Milk Cold Brew Recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read the full disclosure here
The Best Starbucks Honey Almond Milk Cold Brew Recipe – Copycat
- Cold Brew Maker – if you want to make your own cold-brew coffee
- Milk frother – completely optional – Starbucks does not froth their milk for this recipe
- glass can or mason jar – While it is perfectly acceptable to drink this in any cup, my favorite is to use a clear glass.
Ingredients For Starbucks Honey Almond Milk Cold Brew Recipe:
- Starbucks Cold Brew Coffee – Or your favorite Cold Brew Recipe
- Unsweetened Almond Milk – or milk of choice
- Honey Simple Syrup – super easy to make right in the glass.
- Ice cubes
- Optional: Whipped Cream or Cinnamon
How to Make Starbucks Honey Almond Cold Brew Recipe:
- Drizzle regular honey into the bottom of the glass
- Pour 1 tablespoon of HOT water into the bottom of the glass
- Stir until combined – you are basically making a simple syrup with honey instead of sugar – Do not skip this step! Otherwise, the honey will harden in the cold liquid and stay at the bottom.
- Add ice to the glass
- Add coffee
- Top with almond milk – this is where the beauty happens and why you want to use a clear glass
- If you want to add a layer of cold foam, you can use a milk frother before adding the almond milk.
Almond Milk Alternatives
While Starbucks does use Almond Milk, there are alternatives that you can use.
- Oat milk
- Coconut Milk
- Soy Milk
- Hemp Milk
- Cashew Milk
The Best Cold Brew Coffee Recipe
- Burr Coffee Grinder – Really needs to be a burr grinder
- Cold Brew System – I have several Cold Brew Systems and this one is by far my favorite. See Note.
- Starbucks Coffee Beans – or coffee beans of your choice
- Grind your coffee Beans COARSLEY – this is very important – If you don’t have a grinder, most local grocery stores have grinders that you can use. If you don’t want to grind your own, then make sure you buy coarse coffee grounds.
- Combine water and coffee according to the direction of your cold brew system.
- Steep in the refrigerator for 18-24 hours. – directions don’t typically require that you steep in the refrigerator but I always do
- Strain or filter coffee according to the directions for your cold brew system. This is your cold brew concentrate. It should be diluted before you drink it.
- Store your cold brew concentrate in the refrigerator in the carafe.
- Dilute the concentrate by adding 1 cup of cold brew concentrate to 2-2 1/4 cups of water. Store this in the refrigerator until you are ready to drink it.
See below for videos of how to use each of my favorite Cold Brew Coffee Systems.
During quarantine, we discovered and fell in love with Cold Brew. We always had a pitcher of cold brew in our refrigerator! It was our go-to drink. And I can say without hesitation that homemade is far superior to store-bought, as is the case for most things.
Which Cold Brew System is the Best?
I have several different cold brew systems and my two favorites, in order, are:
1). This Toddy Cold Brew System is my absolute favorite cold brew system. Also, I believe this is the same brand of cold brew system that Starbucks uses. This makes the most delicious cold brew.
2). This Bodum French Press Style Cold Brew System is a great option. We have this at our beach house and it too works great. It is considerably cheaper than the Toddy and that’s always a plus.
Added Bonus: It can also be used to brew tea
What is the Best Ratio for Cold Brew Coffee?
Typically you should use 1 cup of cold brew coffee concentrate to 2 1/4 cups of water depending on how strong you like it.
How long should cold brew steep?
Cold brew should steep for at least 18 to 24 hours
Basically, you are making a simple syrup but instead of using white sugar, you use honey. Otherwise, the process is the same. 1:1 ratio of honey to hot water. Stir until it is incorporated.
The best way to do this is right at the bottom of the glass.
If you want to make this vegan, you can replace the honey.
- Agave Nectar
- Maple Syrup
- Brown Rice Syrup
- Traditional Simple Syrup
- Brown Sugar
Additions to Customize Your Honey Almond Milk Cold Brew Recipe:
- Brown Sugar Syrup
- Caramel Syrup
- Irish Cream
- Peppermint Syrup
- Pump of Vanilla Syrup
- Cocoa Powder
- Chocolate Curls
- Holiday Sugar Sprinkles
- Caramel Drizzle
- Cinnamon Powder
- Whipped Cream
- Vanilla Sweet Cold Foam
- Sweet Cream foam
- Espresso Shots
How many calories are in the Honey Almondmilk Cold Brew at Starbucks?
There are 50 calories, 10g sugar, and 0.5g fat in a Grande (16 oz) Honey Almondmilk Cold Brew at Starbucks.
How sweet is the Honey Almondmilk Cold Brew Coffee?
There are 10g of sugar in a Honey Amondmilk cold brew Coffee. But, the sweetness largely depends on you and how much honey syrup you add. Honey itself, isn’t typically overly sweet. So it shouldn’t make your coffee drinks excessively sweet unless you add a significant amount.
How much caffeine is in honey almondmilk cold brew?
There are 205mg of caffeine in Honey almond milk cold brew.
Which cold brew has the most caffeine at Starbucks?
- The 30-ounce Trenta Cold Brew coffee comes in at number 1 with a whopping 360m
- 24-ounce venti Blond Iced Caffè Americano and venti blond Iced Shaken Espresso both tie for second with a whopping 340 mg of caffeine each.
How do coffee drinkers keep their teeth white?
- Use Whitening Toothpaste
- Brush with baking soda and peroxide
- Drink your coffee with a straw
Does drinking coffee with a straw prevent teeth staining?
Yes. Drinking coffee with a straw will prevent teeth staining. My husband drinks his coffee thru a straw every morning because our dentist told him that the coffee was staining his teeth. Drinking his coffee through a straw has made a big difference.
This Post was All About the Starbucks Honey Almond Milk Cold Brew Recipe: Copycat
I hope that next time you are looking for a caffeine boost you will consider making a copycat Starbucks Honey almondmilk cold brew. It’s the perfect way to get your caffeine kick without breaking the bank.
You may also like: