If you’re like me and a fan of everything fall and you love the refreshing chill of your iced tea, you’re in for a treat. This iced chai latte with pumpkin cold foam recipe is the perfect blend of spices with the creaminess of a latte and the seasonal flavor of pumpkin.
No need to stand in those long lines at Starbucks or your local coffee shop. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make the perfect fall drink recipe right at home.
You probably already have everything in your pantry that you need.
This post is all about the best Iced Chai Latte with Pumpkin Cold Foam Recipe.
What is Chai Tea?
Also known as masala chai, chai tea originated in India. It’s a blend of black tea, milk, and various spices such as cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, ginger, and black pepper. Chia tea typically has a warm and spicy flavor with a hint of sweetness.
Chai tea is traditionally made by simmering the tea leaves and spices, then adding milk and sweetener, such as honey or sugar.
The Best Iced Chai Latte with Pumpkin Cold Foam Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here
Ingredients for Iced Chai Latte with Pumpkin Cold Foam Recipe:
Ingredients for the Pumpkin Cold Foam:
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbs maple syrup or your favorite sweetener
- 1 Tbs real pumpkin purée or pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
How to Make Pumpkin Cold Foam Recipe?
Stir together until well blended. Then stir with a milk frother until it forms a light foam.
How to Make an Iced Chai Latte with Pumpkin Cold Foam Recipe?
- 1/2 cup of your favorite chai tea – homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 cup milk
- Pumpkin Cream Cold Foam
1). If you prefer to make your chai tea at home, steep 1-2 chai tea bags in 1 cup of boiling water for about 5 minutes – or according to package directions. Remove tea bags and let the tea come to room temperature.
2). In a small pitcher or bowl, stir the whipping cream, pumpkin puree, sweetener of choice, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice until well blended.
3). Fill your glass with ice cubes and pour in the chai concentrate.
4). Next, pour your milk of choice into the glass and stir to combine.
5). Then, pour in the pumpkin foam. Use a spoon to get the last little bit and let it sit on top of your drink.
6) Sprinkle with cinnamon (optional) and garnish with cinnamon sticks and star anis (optional)
- You can make the tea ahead and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
- You can also make the Pumpkin Cold Foam ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. Do not whisk/froth until just before serving.
- If you are making your chai tea at home, make sure to use chai tea bags and not black tea. Although chai tea is made with black tea, it also has ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, cardamom, star anise, and cloves. I believe this TAZO brand is the one that Starbucks uses.
- Starbucks has released the recipe for their sweet cold foam. They use powdered sugar as their sweetener. I used maple syrup as a sweetener here for extra flavor and to enhance the warm spices of fall. But you could also use powdered sugar if you don’t care for maple syrup.
- You can add extra sugar or sweetener depending on how you like it.
- I have made this with Tazo Chai Concentrate as well as homemade chai concentrate and both are delicious.
- Use chai ice cubes to keep from diluting your latte
- Instead of maple syrup, you can use, powdered sugar, brown sugar, simple syrup, coconut sugar, brown sugar syrup, or vanilla syrup. The amount of sugar is based on your liking
- Instead of whole milk, you can use oat milk, a homemade version of sweet cream, heavy cream, unsweetened almond milk, or your favorite kind of milk.
- You can use either store-bought or homemade chai tea concentrate
Variations of Iced Chai Latte with Pumpkin Cold Foam:
Iced Chai Tea Latte
If you prefer a drink without the pumpkin flavors, you can opt for an iced chai tea latte with cold foam instead.
Hot Chai Tea Latte
Chai tea can be served hot or cold. So if you prefer a hot beverage in the colder months, hot chai tea lattes are a perfect choice. You probably wouldn’t add cold foam to this but instead just frothed cream.
Blended Chai Tea Latte
A Blended Chai Tea Latte is the perfect refreshing drink on a hot day. Just blend everything together and top it with the delicious pumpkin cream.
How to make an iced chai latte with cold foam?
Brew a cup of chai tea and let it cool. Pour the tea over ice in a glass, leaving room for milk. Add milk and sweetener to taste, then top with cold foam made from frothed milk and a splash of vanilla syrup.
How do you order an iced pumpkin chai Latte from Starbucks?
To order an iced pumpkin chai latte from Starbucks, start by asking for an iced chai tea latte. Then, add pumpkin sauce and your preferred milk (such as soy, almonds, or dairy). Finally, top with whipped cream and pumpkin spice topping if desired.
What is Starbucks Pumpkin Cold foam made of?
Starbucks pumpkin Cold Foam is made with vanilla sweet cream, pumpkin sauce, and a blend of spices including cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. The mixture is frothed until light and airy, creating a creamy and flavorful topping for cold beverages like the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew.
How to make iced pumpkin chai Starbucks?
To make iced pumpkin chai similar to Starbucks, brew a cup of chai tea and let it cool. Add pumpkin sauce and milk of choice. Shake the mixture with ice, then strain into a glass filled with ice. Top with pumpkin cold foam and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice topping.
How many pumps of pumpkin are in a pumpkin chai?
The number of pumps of pumpkin in a pumpkin chai can vary depending on the size of the drink and personal preference. However, a typical order might include 2-4 pumps of pumpkin sauce in a tall size, 3-5 pumps in a grande, and 4-6 in a venti.
How do you order a dirty pumpkin chai latte?
To order a dirty pumpkin chai latte at Starbucks, ask for a pumpkin chai latte with a shot of espresso added. Specify your desired milk and any sweetener preferences. The barista will then prepare the drink with the addition of a shot of espresso, creating a “dirty” version of the beverage.
How much extra is pumpkin cold foam?
The cost of adding pumpkin cold foam to a beverage at Starbucks may vary by location, but typically it is an additional 50 cents to 80 cents. This cost can vary depending on the size and type of drink, and any additional customizations made to the order.
Why is a dirty chai latte called “dirty”?
The term “dirty” in a dirty chai refers to the addition of espresso to a chai latte, which “dirties” the pure chai flavor. The name is believed to have originated in India, where chai is traditionally prepared with milk and spices and has evolved over time to include espresso.
This post was all about the Best Iced Latte with Pumpkin Cold Foam
Everyone knows and loves the pumpkin spice latte, but now there is a new kid in town. And the best part is, you can make this iced chai latte with pumpkin cold foam at home following this simple recipe.
Check out my other Starbucks Copycat Recipes