Marry Me Chicken with pasta really is the perfect dish. It is so easy that it’s perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner, and elegant enough to serve at a dinner party.
One such dish that has been winning hearts and palates across the globe is the enchanting “Marry Me Chicken.” This dish is more than just a savory combination of flavors; it’s a love story on a plate that will leave you saying “I do” to its deliciousness.
The origins of Marry Me Chicken are a bit mysterious, with various anecdotes claiming its invention. Some say it was created as a marriage proposal dish, while others believe it earned its name because of the irresistible flavors that make anyone who tastes it instantly fall in love.
Regardless of its origin, one thing is certain: this dish has become a symbol of love and culinary magic.
The heart of Marry Me Chicken lies in its simplicity and the perfect balance of flavors.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbs flour – you don’t want to overdo it.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ – 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, halved
- 2 cup chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- 1 1/2 – 2 1/2 cups heavy cream (depending on how rich you want it)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil for garnish
Instructions for Marry Me Chicken:
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Dust lightly with flour – don’t overdo it
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown the chicken breasts on both sides, then remove them from the skillet.
- In the same skillet, sauté garlic until fragrant, then add sun-dried tomatoes, chicken broth, oregano, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and return the chicken to the skillet.
- Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in heavy cream and Parmesan cheese until the sauce is creamy.
- Garnish with fresh basil before serving.
See Also: The Best French Onion Soup Recipe
Marry Me Chicken is perfect served with long pasta. We love it best with angel hair pasta. The delicate noodles allow for the perfect amount of the creamy sauce to make for the perfect bite.
You don’t want to use a short past since the sauce to pasta ratio will be off. Trust me, I found this out the hard way.
You can also pair this dish with, homemade mashed potatoes, rice, or crusty bread to soak up every bit of the delectable sauce.
A side of sautéed vegetables or a crisp green salad complements the richness of Marry Me Chicken with Pasta, creating a perfect comfort meal.
Marry Me Chicken with Pasta Variations:
Marry Me Chicken is a versatile dish, and there are several creative variations you can explore to add your own twist. Here are a few ideas:
- Marry Me Chicken with Spinach:
- Add a healthy touch by incorporating fresh spinach into the dish. Toss in a couple of handfuls of baby spinach leaves during the final minutes of cooking to wilt them down and infuse the dish with vibrant color and nutrients.
- Marry Me Chicken with Mushrooms:
- Sauté sliced mushrooms with garlic before adding the chicken back to the skillet. The earthy flavor of mushrooms complements the creamy sauce and adds an extra layer of complexity.
- Marry Me Chicken with Lemon:
- Brighten up the dish by adding a splash of fresh lemon juice or incorporating lemon zest. The citrusy notes will add a refreshing contrast to the richness of the creamy sauce.
- Marry Me Chicken with Bacon:
- Everything’s better with bacon! Enhance the dish by crisping up some bacon bits and sprinkling them over the chicken before serving. The smoky and savory flavor of bacon pairs wonderfully with the creamy sauce.
- Marry Me Chicken Pizza:
- Transform the flavors of Marry Me Chicken into a unique pizza. Use the creamy sauce as the pizza base, top it with shredded cooked chicken, sundried or cherry tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese, then bake until bubbly and golden.
- Marry Me Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers:
- Hollow out bell peppers and stuff them with the Marry Me Chicken mixture. Bake until the peppers are tender, and you have a flavorful, elegant stuffed pepper dish.
- Marry Me Chicken Skewers:
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and thread them onto skewers before cooking. This variation works well for entertaining or serving as an appetizer.
Feel free to get creative and tailor the recipe to your preferences. The beauty of Marry Me Chicken lies in its adaptability, so don’t hesitate to experiment with different ingredients and flavor combinations.
See Also: The Best Lasagna Soup Recipe
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) for Marry Me Chicken:
1. What inspired the name “Marry Me Chicken”?
- The origin of the name is a bit unclear, with various anecdotes suggesting proposals and the dish’s irresistible flavors as possible inspirations. Regardless, it has become a symbolic name for a delicious dish that is sure to become a family favorite.
2. Can I use bone-in chicken for this recipe?
- While boneless, skinless chicken breasts are commonly used, you can adapt the recipe to bone-in chicken. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time to ensure the chicken is fully cooked.
3. Can I make Marry Me Chicken ahead of time?
- Yes, you can prepare the sauce and cook the chicken ahead of time. Reheat the dish gently on the stove or in the oven before serving to maintain its creamy texture.
5. Can I substitute heavy cream with a lighter option?
- Yes, you can use alternatives like half-and-half or whole milk for a lighter version. Keep in mind that it may alter the richness of the sauce slightly.
7. Can I freeze Marry Me Chicken?
- While the chicken can be frozen, the creamy sauce may change in texture upon thawing. For the best results, freeze the cooked chicken separately and prepare a fresh batch of sauce when reheating.
8. Can I use fresh herbs instead of dried?
- Absolutely! Fresh herbs can provide a more vibrant flavor. Use a larger quantity of fresh herbs compared to dried, as their flavors are not as concentrated.
9. How spicy is Marry Me Chicken with red pepper flakes?
- The amount of red pepper flakes can be adjusted according to personal preference. Start with a smaller amount and add more if you prefer a spicier kick.
10. Can I make Marry Me Chicken in a slow cooker?
- Yes, you can adapt the recipe for a slow cooker. Brown the chicken and sauté the initial ingredients before transferring them to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the chicken is cooked through. Add the cream and Parmesan cheese towards the end of the cooking time.
This Post was All About the Best Marry Me Chicken Recipe
Marry Me Chicken with pasta is so, so easy to make that it’s perfect for an easy weeknight meal or an elegant dinner party.
If you make this dish, be sure to let me know your favorite variation and how you served it.