Cookie Shots are a super fun way to spice up any special occasion. And they aren’t just for kids! Adults love them too. This Cookie Shot Glass Recipe is sure to become a staple at all your celebrations.
I like to serve these for birthdays, holidays, and special occasions. There really aren’t many times that a cookie shot wouldn’t be a hit. You can serve them with alcohol or without, making them perfect for everyone.
One of my favorite things to do is to make the cookie shot glasses ahead of time and take them with us on weekend trips. Everyone gets so excited when we serve these as an after-dinner desert/aperitif.
I used the Wilton Chocolate Chip Cookie Glass Recipe as my base but I had to make some adjustments.
This Post is All About the Best Cookie Shot Glass Recipe.
The Best Cookie Shot Glass Recipe
Special Tools for Cookie Shot Glasses
Ingredients for Cookie Shot Glasses
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 tablespoons melted butter (1 1/2 sticks) – more may be needed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (preferably homemade)
- 2/3 cups miniature chocolate chips
- chocolate or almond bark for melting
Instructions for Cookie shot Glasses
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray cookie mold with cooking spray
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer, combine all dry ingredients – mix well
- Add eggs and vanilla to 12 tbs. butter and whisk until smooth
- Add butter mixture to dry ingredients and mix well – it should form a dough
- If it is too dry then add more melted butter 1 tbs at a time until a smooth dough is formed.
- Add chocolate chips and incorporate
- Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls and place in the cavity of the cookie shot glass mold
- Using the insert, press the dough to the bottom and up the sides of the cavity, being careful to keep the insert directly in the middle of the cavity.
- Leave the inserts in as they bake – it is normal for the inserts to rise as they bake – do not push them down otherwise your cookie bottoms will be too thin.
- Bake at 350 for 16-18 minutes
- Trim the cookies flush with the pan as soon as they come out of the oven. The cookies must be still warm when you trim them.
- Let the pan cool on a baking rack for 10 minutes
- Remove inserts by gently twisting
- Remove cookie shot glasses from the pan
- Clean the shot glass mold and repeat until you have used all of the dough. – makes about 18 – 24 shot glasses.
- Using a narrow silicone brush, brush chocolate on the inside of the shot glass to use with liquids.
Tips for Cookie Shot Glass Recipe
- This dough is very forgiving. If it seems too dry and crumbly just add a tiny bit of melted butter.
- Be sure to use miniature chocolate chips.
- Your cookies will have small cracks on the side. This is completely normal.
- To release the cookie from the mold, insert fingers in the cavity and twist gently. It should release relatively easily.
- If the tops aren’t perfectly level when you cut them, don’t worry. Once you add the chocolate, it will barely be noticeable.
- Don’t press the inserts in too firmly. If you do, the bottoms will be too thin. If this happens, just add a bit more chocolate to the bottom of the glass.
- You will need to have a narrow brush in order for it to fit into the cookie shot glass.
- Be sure to reheat your chocolate/almond bark as it starts to thicken. Otherwise, it won’t apply smoothly.
- This recipe can easily be halved if you don’t need as many.
The Best Fillings for Cookie Shot Glasses
- hot chocolate
- vanilla ice cream
- coffee ice cream
- cookies and cream ice cream
As far as fillings for Cookie Shot Glasses, there really is no limit to the possibilities.
Holiday Cookie Shot Ideas
Valentines Day Cookie Shot Glass Recipe
- Red Velvet cookie with white chocolate interior/rim and white sprinkles.
Easter Cookie Shot Glass Recipe
- Plain cookie (leave out the chocolate chips) with white almond bark interior and rim, and purple or pink sprinkles.
4th of July/Patriotic Cookie Shot Glass Recipe
- Chocolate chip cookie shot glass with white almond bark interior and rim, and blue or red sprinkles.
Halloween Cookie Shot Glass Recipe
- Chocolate chip or plain cookie shot glass with chocolate interior and chocolate sprinkles.
- Plain cookie shot glass with white almond bark interior and green or purple sprinkles
Thanksgiving Cookie Shot Glass Recipe
- Pumpkin cookie shot glass with white almond bark interior and rim, and white sprinkles
Christmas Cookie Shot Glass Recipe
- Chocolate chip cookie shot glass with chocolate interior
- Chocolate chip cookie shot glass with white almond bark interior and white, red, or green sprinkles.
New Years Cookie Shot Glass Recipe
- Plain cookie shot glass with white almond bark interior and either silver or gold sprinkles.
Birthday Cookie Shot Glass Recipe
- Plain cookie shot glass recipe with colorful sprinkles added to the dough. white or dark almond bark interior with colorful sprinkles on the rim. Sort of a funfetti cookie shot glass.
How long do cookie shots glasses last?
Cookie shot glasses can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 30 days. Or you can freeze them for up to 3 months.
You can also make the dough ahead of time and freeze it for up to three months.
How do you use the cookie shot glass mold?
- Spray the cavity with cooking spray
- Place 1 1/2 inch ball in bottom of cavity
- Use insert to push dough to the bottom of the cavity and up the sides
- As the glasses cook, the inserts will rise. This is normal – do not press them back down.
- Let cookies cool for 10 minutes. Then gently twist and remove the insert.
- Remove cookies from mold by placing your fingers intot he cavity of the shot glass and gently turning. They are surprisingly easy to remove.
What is a dirty cookie shot?
A Dirty Cookie Shot is a cookie shot that is sold by the Dirty Cookie Company. If you really want to have cookie shot glasses at your party or event but you don’t have time to make them, then you can order them from The Dirty Cookie Company.
They will run you about $50 for half a dozen and $70 for a dozen.
What is the best way to serve cookie shot glasses?
The cookie shots can be served at room temperature. But, the best way to enjoy a cookie shot is to warm it in the microwave for 15 seconds. This will soften the cookie shot. Be careful not to heat it for too long so it doesn’t melt the chocolate.
Looking at a cookie shot glass, you may be a little intimidated when thinking about making them. But don’t stress! This Cookie Shot Glass Recipe is so easy to make. You’ll be makimg these for all of your celebrations.
Before you know it, youll be creating your own flavor combinations and all your friends will be requesting them.
This Post is All About the Best Cookie Shot Glass Recipe.
You May Also Like: