This is the Best Spicy Chex Mix Recipe. It is one of our family’s favorite snacks. Anytime we go on a road trip, I make a double batch of this!
Thru the years we have tweaked the recipe to perfection. My mom made this for me as a child and now I am happy to be passing this recipe on to my own children.
This post is all about the best spicy Chex mix recipe.
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbs red Tabasco Pepper Sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbs Seasoned Salt
- 2 2/3 Rice Chex Cereal
- 2 2/3 Corn Chex Cereal
- 2 2/3 Wheat Chex cereal
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1 cup bite-sized cheese crackers or goldfish
- Melt butter in 9×13 pan at 250°
- Add worcestirshire Sauce, Tabasco Sauce, and Season Salt
- Stir to combine
- Add Chex cereal, mixed nuts, pretzels, and crackers.
- Stir until evenly coated
- Bake at 250° for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread on a paper towel to cool and store in an airtight container.
Tips for Success for the Best spicy chex mix recipe:
- You can control the heat of this Chex Mix Recipe with the amount of Tabasco you add.
What Can I Put in Texas Trash?
Besides the typical ingredients, you can also add:
- m&ms – after you have baked it of course – for a sweet and spicy snack
- Any of your favorite nuts
- Garlic Powder
- Sesame Sticks
- Seeds – pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, etc.
- bagel chips
That’s the great thing about Texas Trash. Youre limited only by your imagination when it comes to what you add to it. You can also leave out the ingredients you don’t care for and add more of what you love.
For example, I noticed that everyone was picking out their favorte ingredeints (cashews) and soon we were left with peanunts and pretzels that no one wanted.
So I started making my trash with cashews instead of mixed nuts and now I leave out the pretzels altogether.