A spicy candied bacon recipe is just what the Dr. ordered, if you are looking for a unique addition to your next breakfast buffet.
There are few things that excite the senses like the smell of bacon cooking.
Now imagine that bacon has been sprinkled with black pepper and cayenne and covered with brown sugar. Do I have your attention yet?
I honestly didn’t think bacon could be improved until I tasted this incredible spicy candied bacon recipe. It’s the perfect balance of salty, sweet and spicy.
This recipe was given to us by a worker at one of our local restaurants. It’s one of their most popular menu items. And I can understand why.
I am so happy to be able to make this at home for my family. Its a great addition to our breakfast buffet. Check out my menu for our Stress-free Christmas Morning Breakfast Menu.
This post is all about the best spicy candied bacon recipe.
The Best Spicy Candied Bacon Recipe
- Bacon – Do not use thick cut
- black pepper – to taste
- Cayenne Pepper – to taste
- Brown Suragr – just a light sprinkle on each piece
- Start by lining the cookie sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleanup
- Place the wire cooling rack on top of the cookie sheet
- Lay bacon on top of the cooling rack – you can lay them very close together – they will shrink as they cook.
- Sprinkle bacon lightly with cayenne and black pepper
- Cover lightly with brown sugar and lightly pat into the bacon.
- Cook at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Cook until the sugar is caramelized and the bacon is crisp
Notes on Spicy Candied Bacon:
- This works best with fresh brown sugar. It tends to be a little lighter and less clumped together.
- Don’t use super thick bacon. The sugar will start to burn before the bacon is finished cooking.
- Make sure to make this when you can give it your undivided attention.
- Once the sugar starts to caramelize, it won’t take long for it to burn. Keep an eye on it as it gets closer to being done.
Now that you see how incredibly easy it is to make this delicious bacon, I hope that you will add it to your family’s special breakfasts.
Making it ahead really doesn’t compromise the flavor. It might actually even taste better after sitting for a little while.
This makes it the perfect addition to any breakfast buffet. Or even on a salad or sandwich.
This Post was All About My Spicy Candied Bacon Recipe
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Most Instagrammable Ornamentini Recipe
- The Most Instagrammable Grinch Punch Recipe
- The Most Instagrammable Novelty Christmas Mugs
- The Most Instagrammable Easy Christmas Cocktails