A stress-free Christmas morning breakfast menu is just what you need to start, what can be a hectic day, on the right foot.
Christmas morning can be a little stressful as a parent, trying to juggle everything. But having a breakfast menu that can be made and assembled ahead of time can make all the difference.
When planning my Christmas menu, I try to plan things that can be; assembled with just a few ingredients like yogurt parfaits, assembled the night before and cooked the next morning like the french toast casserole, or even foods that can be made even farther in advance and then just cooked the morning of Christmas such as quiche.
I also serve one item that I have purchased, such as the Better Braid Pastry. It is one of our family favorites.
This post is all about my stunning stress-free Christmas morning breakfast menu and timeline.
The Best Stress-Free Christmas Morning Breakfast Menu
One week before Christmas morning, buy all the juices and champagne that you will need for your mimosa bar. A few days before Christmas, you can buy the fruit you want to add.
One week before buy the yogurt, nuts, and granola. Or make your own customizable homemade granola with our favorite recipe.
Breakfast Casserole and Quiche
5-7days before Christmas, make the egg casserole and quiche and freeze them. Then you will take them out the night before to defrost and just warm them in the morning.
French Toast Casserole
The night before, assemble the french toast casserole and let it sit overnight. Then just bake it in the morning.
I always make my bacon and candied bacon the night before and it still tastes fabulous. This is just one less thing to worry about in the morning.
Take the pastry out of the freezer the night before to let it rise. Cook according to instructions in the morning.
Crockpot Monkey Bread
This is incredible. Those with a sweet tooth are going to love it. It takes a tiny bit more time to assemble because you can’t do it the night before. But, it is so worth it. I typically remeasure everything and leave it right by the crockpot. This makes it super easy to assemble in the morning.
Timeline for Christmas Morning Breakfast Menu:
One Week Before:
- Buy ingredients all dishes and mimosas
5-7 Days Before:
- make quiche and breakfast casserole
2 Days Before
- Buy fruit for mimosas, French toast casserole, and parfaits.
The Day Before
- cook the candied bacon.
The Night Before
- assemble the french toast casserole and put it in the refrigerator
- Take the Butter Braid Pastry out to rise
- Get ingredients ready for the Monkey Bread
- Take the quiche and breakfast casserole out of the refrigerator to thaw
- Set out all of the serving pieces and set the table
- get up early to get the monkey bread started.
- Start the coffee.
- Warm and cook casseroles and Pastry – I have 2 ovens so I use one to cook the casseroles and one to warm the precooked casseroles and quiche.
All of the items on the Stress-free Christmas Morning Breakfast Menu can be doubled or halved, depending on your needs.
If you have any leftovers they will taste amazing for days to come. So, basically, cook once and eat several times. How good does that sound?
With a little preparation, you can save a lot of time in the kitchen and still have a fabulous Christmas Breakfast.
This Post Was All About a Stress-free Christmas Breakfast Menu
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- The Most Instagrammable Ornamentini Recipe
- The Most Instagrammable Grinch Punch Recipe
- The Most Instagrammable Novelty Christmas Mugs
- The Most Instagrammable Easy Christmas Cocktails